Ukrainian | English
Institute of Cell Biology National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology
The main research topics:
- Mechanisms of degradation of peroxisomal and cytosolic proteins in yeasts.
- Regulation of flavinogenesis in nonconventional yeasts. Cloning of structural and regulatory genes involved in biosynthesis of riboflavin and its derivatives (flavin coenzymes, roseoflavin) and its.
- Role of glutathione (GSH) in stress response of methylotrophic yeast cells: cloning of structural and regulatory genes, construction of GSH-overproducing strains, bioaccumulation of heavy metals.
- Production of biofuel ethanol by fermentation of lignocellulosic hydrolysates by non-conventional yeasts.
- Construction of microbial strains capable to produce isobutanol (yeasts) and hydrogen (bacteria).
- Biotechnological production of proteins important for medicine and diagnostics.
- Development of new combinatorial approaches for cancer treatment.